Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lacey's 2nd Birthday

At long last.....a post about her birthday celebrations.

The weekend before her birthday was President's Day w/e. I took her to the pottery painting place on Monday.....our mommy/daughter "tradition". She painted a plate in the same colors as our dinnerware. It looks a little "camaflauge-ish", but still cute. She also painted a tile to hang in her room that has her handprint on it. I think she had fun with it.
Her actual birthday was on a Friday and they had a little party at daycare that morning - complete with chocolate cupcakes baked by me. (Man, I love licking that batter.) I was going to go, but was afraid she'd just want to leave with me, so I decided against that.

We had her party on Saturday. No kids. Just family. I thought about inviting Mary Kate (from daycare), but since she is a "taker", I didn't think that would help Lacey enjoy her day. Chuck & Nancy had arrived on Friday. Dad, Frankie, Dee, Buck, Kristin, Rick, Kristina, Jess & Justin were all there. Kyle was the only one missing since he is away at college and couldn't make it home that weekend.

We had salad, spaghetti (complete with a homeade crockpot sauce) and bread for dinner. Mmmmm. Lacey had no interest in that, so she went with yogurt & a spinach pocket. It was her birthday - she can have what she wants. ;-)

We'd kept all the gifts hidden since I knew she'd want to open them immediately after seeing them. After dinner, we brought them into the family room and she didn't even notice until they were all piled on the table. Complete and total joy all over her face when she realized they were all for her. Squeals of delight. She did pretty good with opening them for herself, until she decided it was just time to play and she was done opening new things. I think Aunt Dee's gift was her favorite - a set of things for her baby dolls. It has a highchair/swing, baby bed, stroller, etc. She loves to put her doll in the chair and feed her.

After gifts, we had cake and ice cream. Elmo was the theme and she really liked it. She was still talking about "birthday cake" long after the party and wanted some when she was sick the following week. (Which, of course, I said "no" to.)

A very good 2nd birthday, I think. I just wish she'd stayed healthy afterwards!

No comments: