Saturday, May 27, 2006

Yea for 3 day weekends!

Ahhh...the first day of a long weekend is always good. ;-) After L's nap, Butch & I are taking her to Dee's for a visit while we go shopping for a minivan. We aren't sure we can swing that payment - because I really don't want to give up the basement finishing project - but I do want to get some ideas and do our "research". For those of you wondering "why a minivan and not an SUV" (Aunt Annie), I already have a small SUV (Honda CRV), which we love, love, love. But, I would like more room for vacations and longer trips....and don't want a big SUV. We rented a minivan for our Thanksgiving trip to Pittsburgh last year and loved it. There was so much room. So, without looking, I know *my* first choice would be a Honda Odyssey. It's a Consumer Report recommended one and I love Hondas. But, we'll look around. I have been checking Carmax's website for used ones - like 2005 or newer. But, haven't had luck finding anything that "new" and have found NONE with the DVD entertainment thing for the back.

Let's see...other weekend plans......we're going to Dad's on Monday for a cookout. And (happily) don't have anything else "planned". I'm thinking of calling the woman from The Little Gym - the one that was in our childbirth class - to see what they are doing tomorrow. Might be fun to do something with them.

Last week was week 2 of being home with Lacey - while trying to get 1/2 day work in. She was really testing me the last 2 days. But, I think (hope) that was from her shot that she got on Thursday. Speaking of.....

She had her 15 month well baby visit on Thursday. She's just under 22 pounds (25th-50th%) and is 31.25 inches long (50th-75th%). Dr. Jill is very pleased with her growth. She has a pet peeve of childhood obesity, so she is thrilled when she has some "little" patients. Lacey got her MMR shot - and just as the nurse was going to do it, she warned me that "it burns" when going in. Nice. LJ was not a happy camper. But her ears are totally clear. I think that I'm glad daycare closed down so she could have a break from all the germs. I'm hoping that by August, she'll have grown enough that her ears are more developed and drain better.

Chuck & Nancy are arriving on Wednesday for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to find some fun things to do around her while they are here. There is a crab festival in Leonardtown on June 11. There will be a car show and some other things there, so they might enjoy that. I'll enjoy tasting some yummy crab treats. Seems like there was something else....oh yes....maybe a visit to Chesapeake Beach. I've never been there. It's about 45 minutes away and there is a restaurant there that is supposed to be pretty good. There is a small boardwalk, etc., so might be fun. And, while they are here, we are hoping to find a night that Dee & Buck are available for dinner out with us. C & N offered to stay home to babysit. Sounds lovely. ;-)

I think that's about it....plus L is fussing....after only 50 minutes of a nap.

Tricia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - Yea for three day weekends!

Anonymous said...

3 day weekends are great, but would be even better if they were 4 or 5 day weekends! Hope you enjoyed it.

Raechelle said...

I got an MMR shot when I first started at the clinic and *I* cried. "Burn" is an understatement. Then they tell you to come back in so many weeks for round 2. I cried after that one too.

Anonymous said...

This is useless without PICTURES.
How the hell are you???????????

Miss you heaps, Stacey