Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Update

Things have been going really, really well. Lacey recovered from her ear infection well. I took her to see Dr. Jill a few days after she finished her antibiotic to make sure things were good and to get her opinion on the 6 ear infections (1 was only an "almost" infection really) since December. She agrees that b/c daycare is done for now and cold/flu season is over, we'll wait & see. Hopefully she'll be fine. If she continues to get them..now or when daycare starts again...we'll go see an ENT to discuss tubes. I hope she doesn't need them.

Chuck & Nancy arrived on Sunday, 4/30. I really thought that since Lacey hadn't seen them in 2 months, there would be an adjustment period for all of them (C/N and L), but I was happily wrong. I'm thankful that Lacey is healthy - I know that helps a lot. She is loving them both, but absolutely adores Grandpa. It's really cute to see how excited she gets when she sees him. I'm glad that they are having all of this bonding time.

Having her at home during the day makes me wish even more that we could find a nanny. I know that she'll need a preschool-type environment around age 2-3, but I love having her home. I think I'm going to keep my eyes and ears searching - if not for her, at least for her little bro or sis (no, I do not having any special news....just planning for the future).

I've been going to random spots to work on my telecommuting days - library, Borders, etc. I tried to work upstairs in our "office" but the height of the computer desk doesn't work well for me. It works fine for the PC, b/c the keyboard is low. But, not for the laptop. Plus, I don't have room to spread out there.

C/N leave on Sat. Next week & the week after, I'll be working 1/2 days at home - working during her naps and sporatically through the day. Butch is taking off 1 day each week so I can go to the office.

That's all for now....

No comments: