Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This week

So, this week I am working at home every day except Wednesday (today). Butch is off today with Lacey. I hope he has as great a day as I’ve had with her the last 2! She has been so happy and easy. Yesterday, we went to The Little Gym in Waldorf. They have “classes” for toddlers. The one she is in is the “Birds” and the ages are 10-19 months. We sing songs, play with balls, do some tumbling, play with bubbles, etc. She LOVED it. It took maybe 10 minutes for her to warm up. Then, she just squealed with delight. We will definitely go back. Butch is taking her next week. Then we have to wait until the summer session which starts in mid-June. I’m jealous because Butch will be taking her. The summer class is Wednesdays at 9:30 – during my staff meeting. But, I think I’m going to take 1 Wed. morning each month off to go. Then, in the fall, she’ll be 19 months old and they have more choices for class times, so I should be able to get a Saturday class.

I’m working ½ days on the days I’m home. I’m able to work during her naps and also check emails, etc., while she’s playing on her own. It’s going pretty well so far.

Oh – at The Little Gym, one of the women from our childbirth class was there with her 15 month old daughter. It turns out that they live really close to us – maybe 6-7 miles. So, we exchanged numbers. I’m hoping we can get together with them sometime soon. It will be nice to have friends in the area with a toddler.

This weekend, we are going to a cookout in Alexandria – it’s at the apartment complex where Butch lived when we met. It starts at 4:00, so we’ll be able to bring Lacey so his old friends can meet her. Sunday he has a work function, so he’ll be gone all afternoon.

That’s it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another happy customer at The Little Gym. That must be a great place, everyone loves it. Now Lacey can make some friends! ;>)