Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer, minivan, vacation....

It’s been so long since I’ve posted that everyone may have quit checking! Not sure where to start.

Butch’s last day at work was June 15, so he is now enjoying the summer with Lacey. She isn’t whiney with him (or anyone for that matter) the way she is with me. So, they should have a good time! For some reason she whines with me a lot. If I try to cook, clean, read, anything that isn’t focused on her. I know she may miss me since I work, but I spend a lot of quality time with her, too. “Time-Ins” is what that is called, BTW. Anyway, hopefully it is a (short) phase and she’ll grow out of it.

Chuck & Nancy were here for a little over 2 weeks. They left on Saturday. It was a great visit and Lacey enjoyed them….I’m pretty sure they enjoyed her, too! However, Lacey’s sleep patterns weren’t as good as they had been. I think that’s our fault because if she cried out in the night, we went to her immediately – in an effort to keep her from waking them up. Now that we aren’t doing that, she’s sleeping a little better already.

We have some fun trips coming up. Butch & I are going to Rochester, NY July 7-9 to visit Agnes and Trampas. Lacey is staying with Rick & Kristina for 1 night and with Kristin for the next night. I’m looking forward to time with Ag & Trampas, and to having adult time, but dreading leaving Lacey. She’s not very accepting (to put it mildly) of others. But, I think once we are gone, she’ll fine. I just wish I didn’t have to hear her cry when we go.

Then, on June 14, we leave for the Outer Banks for a week! Ahhh….I can hear the ocean already. We’re meeting Tonya & Todd & their girls (Elizabeth & Rhianna). I hope we have good weather most of the time since I know Lacey loves the outdoors so much. I assume Liz and Rhi are like that, too. We have a 4 bedroom house with a Jacuzzi. It’s 340 yards to the beach, so not too far. Carrying everything that is needed for 3 young ones might be tough, though!

Lacey is starting swim lessons on July 3 for 2 weeks, 4x a week. I can’t wait. She got into PaPa’s pool on Friday and loved it. At first she wasn’t sure, but it took her no time to think she was a fish.

Oh – we bought a minivan! A Honda Odyssey, EX-L with rear entertainment (DVD). It should make traveling much easier and more comfortable. I drove it to work on Monday, but I’m in the CR-V today. The van is a little hard to maneuver in our garage here at work. And, Butch is with Lacey for the summer, so it makes sense for him to have the van. He was looking forward to driving the CR-V, though. We’ll see how it works out.

So, with 3 weeks and 2 days left before leaving for vacation, I am on a mission! I don’t care what the scale says, but I want to feel better and look more tone! So, I’m following Weight Watchers again and have signed up on sparkspeople.com. It’s got a lot of fitness and nutrition resources, plus you can track calories, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lot's of kids save all of their "delightfulness" (such as whining)for their mommies. Don't know why! But you spend lot's of quality time with Lacey - don't ever feel guilty about that. She's just used to you focusing on her 100% when you're with her. You need to let her whine for a little while a couple times a day while you clean or cook or whatever. That's the only way she'll learn that you're "allowed" to do other things. Give her a rag when you're dusting and let her help, get her a play vacuum cleaner so she can vacuum when you do. That's what Lisa used to do when Nick was little (b/c Lisa is a clean freak) and now Nick is a clean freak! I'm hoping it will rub off on Kyle. ;>) And I know Lacey doesn't "take well to others" - we all know that - but the only way she'll learn is if you let her. Taking short trips away is good for her and good for you and Butch. I need to see your van.

The Hamilton's said...

She does help me dust. It's quite funny. I always end up with the crappy rag while she gets the good one. And, I know I need to let her whine some, but man it gets on my nerves. Blah! Yes, I know we need to leave her more, too. I know she'll adapt fine. Just doesn't make it easy to walk away. I'll have to come see you this weekend. Unless you are sick of your house - and then you & Buck could come here. We also need to do our Jessica gift.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new van! It must be a month for new cars - apparently Bink got one too, last night accordingly to her blog. And as I told you earlier, Lacey will be fine while you're visiting Agnes. She needs this as much as you do, so as Dee said, don't feel guilty about leaving her. Go and enjoy your trip. I have 11 more days until WV and the creek! YEA!!