Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Fun

What else has gone on in December? Lots of shopping. Lots of stress. Lots of wondering how to get it all done. :-)

Miss Lisa was out sick (high fever, etc.) for several days. The first few days (Wed.-Fri.), she couldn't get a backup and had to use her sick days. So, Butch & I juggled as parents do. We thought things would be fine by Monday, but her fever had only gone away for hours at a time. She had a sub for Monday (until 2:00), but I was worried about exposing the girls to whatever she had. And, I was going to NY for the day, so Butch would have needed to leave work early to pick them up. So, Jessica came over & babysat for us. Miss Lisa called on Monday afternoon to let me know she'd been to the doctor and found out she had bronchial pneumonia. Yikes. At least she was on antibiotics then. We went ahead & sent the girls on Tuesday since Miss Lisa had a sub again & promised not to be downstairs near the kids. By Friday, Miss Lisa was back to her normal schedule.

On one of those days with the girls at home, Lacey was in the living room and I was in the kitchen. She yelled "mommy, I see animals". I went to check and there were several turkey vultures out front. Weird. I've never seen them in our yard and they were just wandering around.


One of those days, Lacey helped me bake cookies. I bought the kind that you just have to pick up & put on the baking sheet, so she could do it on her own.

Earlier in the month, I had to go to NY (different trip than I mentioned above). My good friend, Tonya, needed to go as well, so she coordinated her trip to be there the same time as me. I went up a day early & stayed in her room with her. We only had a couple of hours before dinner, but walked around a bit. Then, we had dinner with our corporate attorney - who is much more fun that you might think a corporate attorney would be!


I am late getting Christmas cards out because these children don't like to cooperate for pictures. I could have just used the professional ones alone, but I like to take some in front of the tree, too. Here are a couple that did NOT get used!
I was planning to go to church this a.m., but we had freezing rain. I wasn't willing to head out in that. So, I'm making some cookies. And, I finished the cards (minus a couple I need addresses for). I'm off tomorrow and Butch's vacation starts tomorrow. We're going to look at new cameras. That was our anniversary gift to each other ... and here it is 2 months later .... without the new camera! Hopefully we'll find a good one and get used to it before Christmas.

Off to finish cookies.....and play with Lacey since she's been begging for a bit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think next year you should do your Christmas cards in all the pictures that normally would NOT get used. Hilarious and very real life. And when I first saw the picture of Tonya, I thought it was me! Isn't that weird?

Anonymous said...

That pic of Tonya does kind of look like my mom :)

And that would be hilarious to use the pics that people would not expect you to use. It would be cute! I say go for it...

The Hamilton's said...

The cards would probably be hysterical if I did that! Especially if I did one that allowed for 6-9 pictures and I could show the whole event. :-)