Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

The girls are at Miss Lisa's for the morning. I'm working from home. Although, I have received no emails all morning, so I don't think much work is happening!!! :-) I've sent a few, but obviously people are either off or not focused on work.

Just planning to do some last minute wrapping and organizing today. We'll be heading to church for the "family" service at 5:00. It's somewhat short & very kid-friendly. Then, we are picking up pizza from Ledo's on the way home for Butch's birthday dinner. I need to figure out the cake sometime today! It's crazy to get one with all the cookies here. But, a birthday deserves a cake. Maybe I'll just buy a few cupcakes or something.

At some point, I'll head to the cemetery to take the wreath and cardinal mini-flag that we got for mom's grave. I should try to do that early before the rain starts this afternoon.

Since I'm talking about Mom, I thought I'd share an email that she sent to some people on Christmas Eve 1998. I think it went to Aunt Annie, maybe Mike (cousin), Ruby, and Bobbie Jo. It's a very good Christmas wish and reminder.

Hi All, Well, here it is again, Christmas Eve! You would think I was 6 years old. I woke up this a.m. about 5:00 and was so excited I couldn't lay in the bed. Couldn't wait to get up and start wrapping gifts and just look at the Christmas tree. Of course, the most wonderful thing is (after having a treatment yesterday) that I feel so alive! GOD IS GOOD! My Christmas wish for everyone is: I hope everyone feels as good for Christmas as I do now. Just remember this little quote from Victor Hugo - "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. GOD IS AWAKE!" Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Love You All, Judy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that email and I still have it. A good email. Hope you and the family had a great Christmas - sounds like it's been a busy time for you.

Much love to all,
Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

That email always makes me smile - and get teary-eyed. ;>) I have it framed and it sits in my kitchen 365 days a year. For some reason, I don't like to put it away with the rest of the Christmas stuff. Merry Christmas Mom!

Anonymous said...

Makes me teary-eyed too. Love ya Meems!