Thursday, August 30, 2007

Update on The Girls

Lacey has a new obsession with Cinderella. We rented Cinderella 3 a couple of weeks ago and she wanted to watch it constantly. It was insane. Very cute, but insane. So, it was returned (late) a few days ago. Grandma stopped at WalMart and bought the original Cinderella for her. She LOVES it. She says "princess mommy please". And she pronounces it "princense" (notice the extra "n"). While I was at the mall yesterday, I wandered into the Disney Store and they had PJs on sale. So, now Lacey has Cinderella jammies, too. She was so excited about them last night. And, this morning, she refused to get dressed and wore them to daycare. (Keep in mind they are long sleeve and long pants and it's in the upper 80's today.) We sent a dress, too. It is so much fun to watch Lacey watch the movie.....I love hearing her giggle at the mice and hearing her say "it will be okay princense, don't be scared". A-dorable.

Leah is doing great. She is still a great little sleeper - generally from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 or 5:00 a.m., then nurses and back to sleep for 3-4 more hours (until 8:30 usually). Bliss. I'm going to start waking her up around 8:00 early next week....then 7:30....to slowly get her adjusted to her new schedule. I have to wake her at 6:15 for daycare starting on Sept. 17. Ugh. (No, she probably won't stay asleep....she sleeps swaddled and will need to have a diaper change, eat and be put in the carseat.)

Leah is so much more "awake" during the day now. Full of smiles and coo's. Lacey loves to play with her.

We bought a used crib last weekend and I am so happy! We got it for $100 (incl. mattress) and it is in great shape. So, that is set up in Leah's room and she transitioned to it easily. I'm relieved that we can let Lacey stay in her crib now. Most advice that I've read is to leave them in the crib until around age 3, if you can. So, I'm thrilled. She's confined. And, she can let us know when she's ready for her big bed. No pressure from me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lord...that is so cute that Lacey says "Princense, don't be scared."!!!!!!!! She is too stinkin cute!! As is my baby girl Leah who loves me the most!!! :)

-Cousin Kristin

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you put Leah in the new crib already! Very good. I think Leah loves Aunt Dee Dee the most. ;>)

Anonymous said...

Girl, please, we have already established that I am her favorite. It's obvious :)

-Kristin