Monday, August 13, 2007

Sleep, Weekend, Oatmeal Cookies, Etc.

Things are going well here. Leah has been sleeping really well. 8-10 hours each night since Friday. She gets wrapped tight in her Miracle Blanket and can still manage to get an arm out every once in a while! I've explained the MB to a few people, but included the link since I know it sounds crazy!

This morning she took her first 2 hour nap in her bed. (She has really been napping in her swing or bouncy seat or on us until now. Everytime we've tried the bed, she wakes quickly.)

Lacey woke twice last night with nightmares. Butch went in at 2:00 and I went in at 3:30, then brought her to our bed at 4:00 b/c after I put her back in bed at 3:45, she screamed again after 5 minutes. Even in our bed, she was crying our "no" in her sleep. Ugh. I hope she doesn't always have nightmares.

The weekend was good. We went to the Baltimore Aquarium on Sunday and met up with Butch's friend, Barb and her family (hubby Brian and son Joe). Lacey had a ball. She sacked out in the car within 5 minutes after leaving.

Saturday was beautiful here, but Lacey had no interest in playing outdoors. Strange. She LOVES to be outside usually, but never even stepped foot out that day.

Last night we went to Dee's house for dinner and cake for Kristin's birthday. Yum-o.

I've been making oatmeal cookies again today. It's a recipe that uses brewer's yeast and flax seed and I've also been using part whole wheat flour to make it more healthy. They are so freakin' good. Oatmeal is supposed to be good for your milk supply, so I give myself the OK to go a little crazy with them. ;-) I'm planning to start walking this week, though. And, I joined weight watchers online. I'm only about 7 pounds more than my pre-preg weight, but want to start eating better and exercising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Miracle Blanket is a trip! I would never think a baby would like to be wrapped up like that! But Leah must like it - 8-10 hours is awesome. She's such a good little baby. ;>)