Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weekend, Pregnancy, Misc.

Not sure where to start since it's been a while since I've done a "normal" post.

We had a good weekend last weekend. We went to dinner on Friday night at Bert's (local diner). Lacey loved it. Of course, she didn't stay in her seat. There were way too many other things to take her interest away.

Saturday, we did a lot of house and yard work, which was good. The tulips are blooming.....azaleas are close.....very nice.

Sunday we attempted church again. The week before, we didn't get out of the house early enough for 8:30 service, so we went to 9:45. I completely forgot that Lacey doesn't like (to say the least) the nursery person for that service. So, she wouldn't stay. I ended up sitting in the car with her. Anyway....this week we made it to 8:30 and she went to the nursery. She wasn't happy about it and was held the whole time by someone, but she went. Not sure how we'll handle Easter service. I'd like us all to go, but will be irritated if she doesn't handle the nursery well again.

Sunday afternoon, I met some girlfriends from college for lunch, shopping and ice cream. It's always good to do that - I just wish we could more often. They are all about an hour or more from where we live.

Lacey was truly back to her fun self, too. She was so much fun. (Of course, the terrible 2's are here and there are tantrums here & there.) I'm so glad she's 100% now.

What else?

I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant now. Strange. Only 12 (or so) weeks until we have another sweet baby. I'm now going to the doc every other week. Last week was my 2nd Gestational Diabetes test and I was worried about it, but heard today that all is good. Whew. No 3 hour test to deal with now. And, sweets are fine. ;-)

I've felt good for the most part, except for my low back issues. I haven't been happy with the chiropractor that I have been seeing nearby. Whether I'm pregnant or not; and no matter what pain I'm complaining of, it seems like he always does the same adjustments. So, I got a recommendation for a new one from my massage therapists office. I am SO GLAD that I changed. I went to see the new guy yesterday and he spent more time with me and listened to what I was saying.

What I have is piriformis syndrome. The piriformis is the muscle that is around the sciatic nerve. Because of the weight I'm carrying up front (and probably from lugging Lacey around when she was sick), the bone near that muscle had to adjust to compensate.....and the muscle got inflamed. So, I'm going back tomorrow for another adjustment and he's going to show me some stretches that will help, too. When the massage therapist and the old chiro couldn't help before, I found the pigeon pose in my Yoga for Pregnancy book and it has been the only thing that's helped.

Butch starts spring break on Thursday. Lucky duck. He's off through all of next week. He has a long list of things to do around the house and for his business.

My wireless card on my laptop (work) is broken and because it's under warranty, we had to send the whole freakin' thing to IBM in Atlanta for repair. Blah. So, as of today, I have no access to work email or anything else. It should be back by Fri. or Mon. For now, I'm using my personal email account and also working like in the olden days.....you know, with the phone. ;-) I much prefer email.

Our office closes on Friday at noon for Good Friday. That will be nice. Oh - speaking of benefits from my company, they announced a couple of weeks ago that they are adding 2 weeks of "paid parental leave" to our benefits. That means for maternity leave, I get 6 weeks disability, plus 2 weeks paid leave....before I even have to touch my vacation. Nice extra. Quite happy about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask your chiro about "Biofreeze" - it's for aches and pains and you can't buy it over the counter nor can you get it w/ a prescription. You can only get it from a chiro or PT clinic. It gets me thru the day with the arthritis in my hand. YOu might want to check it out at www.biofreeze.com. Without it and Mobic (anti-inflammatory), I'd never make it thru the day!

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted - I almost sent you an email yesterday saying that you were slackin' on your blog. Glad you found some relief for the back (aka butt) pain. It's funny that your "maternity leave" (what we called it in the olden days) is called disability. I'm surprised someone hasn't complained about what it's called. You know - being pregnant and motherhood is not a disability. I'M not saying that, but I'm surprised it hasn't come up. And you get the disability AND 2 weeks paid parental leave. That is awesome. I had to use all my sick and vacation. AND you get off at noon on Good Friday. Advice to people looking for jobs - don't look in the construction/drywall field. We don't get all the paid holidays. Boo! And I'm quite amused that you don't have email and actually have to talk to people. ;>)