Friday, April 20, 2007

Cherry Blossoms...a love/hate sort of thing

A couple of weeks ago, the cherry blossoms were at peak in DC. They are absolutely beautiful. Yes, you can see them elsewhere, but when there are so many together in one spot and they have the backdrop of national monuments.....you can't beat it. I took my camera with me to work one day so I could take some pictures on my drive home. I drive right by the tidal basin...where there are so many.

However....the downside is that tourists invade the city. Tour buses block (stop in) lanes they aren't supposed to be in. Traffic backs up way worse than normal. So, on the 2 days that I was in the office that week (that were wonderful, warm days.....bringing out more people), it took me FORever to get home. Normally, my drive home is 75-90 minutes. (It's a 45 mile drive.) On those 2 days, it took me that long just to go the first 10 miles & get out of the city. No exaggeration at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed your cherry blossom post! They sure are pretty. Too bad they mess up your commute - at least they don't last too long.