Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Not much

So the summer is coming to a close! Butch went back to work yesterday. Lacey starts daycare next Tuesday. I've been home with her for a couple of days, and Chuck/Nancy are coming into town tonight to help out for the rest of the week. We took L to daycare one afternoon last week - just for an hour or so - and she was loving it. Of course, Butch was there the whole time, but she wasn't paying any attention to him. And, when I came, she waved to me and went about her business. She didn't want to leave when we did. I'm taking her again on Thursday morning for a little bit and am hoping she'll be the same way.

She & I both have colds. Blah. I've been drugging us both with Benadryl at night so that we can sleep well. Hoping that she avoids an ear infection this time. She has her well baby appt. tomorrow, so we'll see how her ears are doing then. She's due for her chicken pox vaccine - ouch. The # of vaccines have gone up 50% in the past 10 years. I read that a few days ago.

Toonces is hanging in there. Since I've been dilligent about giving him his fluids every single day, he's been eating better and has gained a little weight. I'm hoping he'll get some more muscle in his back leg so that he can walk a little better. He was having trouble getting in and out of the litter box...and decided just to go outside of it. So, I bought smaller, kitten sized boxes and he's doing okay with that.

We got directv hooked up in our basement, in front of the treadmill and I love it! We have DVR (Tivo) there, too, so I can watch my soap while I'm walking. (Yes, it's my guilty pleasure....I still watch Days of Our Lives.) I can walk for 30-40 min. while watching it and the time flies. Hopefully I'll get back into a shape! Oh - the best part is that we aren't paying any more per month for this. We canceled the DTV in our bedroom since we never watched it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chicken pox vaccine vs. chicken pox. I'll take the vaccine!
Toonces is lucky to have such a good "mom."
You go girl, on the tread mill with Day of Our Lives. Good for you.