Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lacey's 18 Month Check Up

Lacey had her well baby visit last week. She weighed 23 pounds....25-50th percentile, so still a little petite thing. Dr. Jill is still very happy with that. They said her height was 35 1/4 inches, which is like 95th percentile. I think they must have gotten it wrong. It's pretty easy to, since toddlers don't like to lay there and be measured. I think I'll try to do it myself with a mark on the wall.

She had to get her chicken pox vaccine, but did really well. Screamed (of course), but quit with 30 seconds. No side effects from it, thankfully. They also did a finger prick to test for iron since she is such a picky eater. I'm guessing that will be fine, because although she's picky, many of the few things she eats are high in iron (eggs, spinach, oatmeal breakfast cookies).

So....now she isn't due back officially until she's 2. But, we'll go back in October for a flu shot. Hopefully we won't be back for anything else until then!!!!


*****
I'm back....I did check her height again on my own (with a mark on the wall the way my mom used to do). She is only 32.25". I don't know how they got that so wrong!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wonder why LJ is such a picky eater. I remember her mom not eating ANYTHING when she was growing up! Used to drive her mom and dad crazy. So I think Ms. Lacey gets it honestly. I'm glad she's doing so well.

The Hamilton's said...

Ha! I know....I have said hundreds of times that it's happening to show me how hard I was on mom. Plus, I just remember that I didn't eat well, but have grown up healthy (and less picky), so I know it will happen with her eventually!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....picky eater. Wonder where that comes from? Like mother, like daughter. And maybe a little like cousin Kyle.