Sunday, April 09, 2006

Update

Hi all. Things are going well here. I've just been busy, so I haven't posted.

Lacey's daycare is closed this week for the Charles Co. school spring break, so I'm home with her Monday - Wednesday. Butch's break starts on Thursday and goes through next week (lucky dog). I'm planning to work 1/2 days b/c I don't want to burn 3 days of vacation when I need to take some more after her daycare is closed.

Speaking of, we've worked all of that out. We put a deposit down for Lisa, who has an opening in August. Butch's parents are coming down the 1st 2 weeks in May and then again for about 1 1/2 weeks in early June. We have 15 work days to handle with our vacation time, or help from others. I'm hoping that I can work 1/2 days at home so that 5 vaca days last 10 full days. I'll need to go into the office at least 1x a week, I'm sure. Need to talk to my boss about it this week.

We are supposed to have decent weather this week - sunny & mid-60's - so I hope to head to the park with the munchkin a couple of days. She loves the outdoors.

Speaking of weather, it finally rained a good deal yesterday. We really needed it, but the timing was bad! The 5K hospice walk was yesterday morning. Being wimps, we didn't go. But, at least they have our donation.

We finally called our friend, Mike, to say "yes" we are ready to move on the basement project! He's coming by tomorrow night to talk more about it. I'm excited, but it might be rough since Lacey will be home during the days. I don't know how much noise they'll be making and how well she'll nap! We might have to do visits to my dad's house if it's too bad.

We also have to get new carpet for the bedroom before the furniture is delivered. (The carpet is ruined from water damage we had last year - a leak in the shower.) Anyway, preparing to move all kinds of stuff out of the way for those 2 projects is a pain! We'll figure it out.

Hope everyone is doing well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still feeling guilty we didn't try the walk! Of course Brianna went - and said she didn't get wet at all. Didn't start drizzling until the race was over. Oh, well - I say we blame Butch and Bucky! ;>)

Anonymous said...

I'm still feeling guilty we didn't try the walk! Of course Brianna went - and said she didn't get wet at all. Didn't start drizzling until the race was over. Oh, well - I say we blame Butch and Bucky! ;>)

Anonymous said...

So what's up with the basement? Are you making me an apartment???

Anonymous said...

Why is my comment on here twice?? I have no clue!