Monday, April 24, 2006

Lacey update...

Sorry that it's been a while since my last post.

I guess I'll start with the most recent drama. Friday, when Butch picked up Lacey at daycare, Kim said she hadn't slept AT ALL. But, she slept through Friday night. Saturday she was okay for the most part. But, that night she slept horribly. I never slept for more than 40 minutes straight. We tried her in our bed, rocking her, etc. I'm glad I had her in bed with us for a bit, because I realized at that time that she was warm. We checked and it was 101*. (She's never had a fever without an ear infection.) Finally, at 4:00 a.m., after going to her every 40 minutes, I just gave up & sat in the rocker with her the rest of the morning. Sooo very tired. At least she got a few hours sleep.

On Sunday, she woke up pretty happy. But, when she got a bit cranky and had a 100* fever, I called the Pediatric After Hours place and headed in. Sure enough, the doc said "ahh, that looks like it hurts". Only 1 ear this time. I feel horrible that it got so bad. But, she had finished a round of antibiotics (for the "almost" ear infection) on 4/15. And, she didn't have a runny nose. So, when she wasn't sleeping great last week, I thought it was just teething. However, since she has become such a good sleeper, next time she wakes up needing comfort in the night - even without a runny nose - we are going to see Dr. Jill!

I'm taking her to Dr. Jill on Friday to make sure this is cleared up before the weekend. I want to make sure that the antibiotic we've been using these last few times is still working on her.

Daycare closes at the end of this week. Which might be a blessing. Lacey won't be around germs as much. But today Kim kept her all day - despite the fact that she was obviously sick. Most places would have sent her home. When I picked L up this afternoon, I was talking about my head-ache and feeling dizzy (due to lack of good sleep) and Kim said "that's why I didn't call you". She knew I would need a break. How can you get so lucky with daycare? Blah!

Chuck & Nancy are arriving on Sunday to help us out with Lacey for 2 weeks. I hope that Nancy adjusts okay to L's early wake up time! If she'd sleep a bit later, I'd be fine keeping her up later. But, it seems like she wants to wake up by 6:30 regardless of the time she goes to bed.

Butch is in VA Beach for a conference through tomorrow morning. He offered to come home today, but if you are a mom, you know that you feel this need to be primary care giver. Even when you are exhausted and want to sleep more than anything, you will still prefer to be the one taking care of your darling baby. So, it makes no sense for him to come home early.

Anyway...on to happy things! I picked her up today & Kim said she had napped all of 20 minutes (not a happy thing), and hadn't eaten well (also not happy). I was prepared for a hell of an evening. It turned out awesome. She played happily, ate well, laughed (and laughed some more) and was just too much fun. It has given me a 2nd wind, so I am having a glass of wine and preparing to watch 24. Bliss. The only thing missing is my man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your post ended on an up note! I had a glass of wine with 24 last night too. I thought it was a really good episode.