Wednesday, December 28, 2005

So tired.....

I'm back at work today and so sleepy. Not just because the alarm went off at 5:30, either! Lacey has contributed to this exhaustion. She was crying at about 1:30 last night & this went on until about 3:00....when we finally gave her a bottle. We'd tried rocking, rubbing her back, etc., etc., but she was apparently just hungry. She hasn't needed a bottle in the middle of the night for several weeks (6 maybe?), so it didn't occur to me. I just hope we aren't jumping into that habit again.

To make my day even better, I was about 15 minutes into my commute this morning when I realized that I'd left my laptop at home. Great. Turned around, drove back home to get it. So, even on a day when there is no traffic, I can't get here on time. I usually have the problem of a 45 mile commute with accidents and idiot drivers that make it take 2 hours to get here. Today I could only blame myself. And, my daughter since I wasn't quite awake when I was packing my bag.

I remember a time when the holidays were slow here at my office - this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It's been a couple of years like this....it doesn't stop. You'd think it would since so many places close down for the holidays, but huh-uh.

Alright, need to hunker down with some more work so I can head home soon.

No comments: