Saturday, September 12, 2009

Church

One weekend in August, Butch went out of town. I decided to be bold & try the kids in the gym childcare. It worked!!! Neither kid even looked back at me. I got in an hour workout.

The next morning, I tried them at church. It's been ages since we have been. The main reason we hadn't been going is that the girls were not fans of the child care there. Since I send them to Lisa's 5x a week, I wasn't willing to have 1 of our 2 days spent with tears from going to child care.

However.... they did great at church, too! I had them in the church with me for a few minutes. When it was time for the children's sermon, Lacey didn't want to go up for that. Leah was another story. She walked right up...never looking back. Sat down and listened and watched the kids. So cute. Then, she followed the other kids back to me. I walked them to the child care & they went in pretty easily.

We went back a couple of weeks later. Leah again walked right up for the children's sermon. Lacey wanted to, but was afraid, so I went up to the front pew to sit with Lacey. They fussed a little about the child care on that day, but eventually stayed without tears. We've missed 2 weeks now because of dad's party and family camp with Chuck & Nancy. I'm planning to go back this weekend, but with Lacey's cold, I'm not sure I'll put her in the nursery.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Love that pic. They're turning into big girls. :)