Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weekend Update

Last weekend was a busy one! I took Thursday & Friday off because my friend, Tonya, came to visit from the Charlotte area. I picked her up at the airport on Wednesday & we just hung out at home that night.....well, Butch & I watched Lost while Tonya dozed in the chair.

Thursday was a quiet day, too. Tonya & I went to lunch at Red Robin before heading to the mall for a little bit of shopping....mainly for her to buy some athletic shoes that she needed. She & I headed to the gym for turbo kick that evening. (I love that class.)

Friday, we drove to Crofton for a "real" shopping. I walked out of Old Navy with a few things. Then, we met old friends (Cynthia & Susan) for lunch. We all used to work together.
Even though we finished our lunch before 1:00, we were in the restaurant until nearly 2:30! It was just too much fun to stop. I think we would have stayed longer, but we needed to get home.

That night, Kristina (and Rick) came over to babysit so Butch, Tonya & I could go to Alexandria to meet Yudha for dinner. Yudha is Tonya's ex-husband, but they have stayed in touch and are good friends. And, he's Butch's & my friend, too. I wish he & his wife lived closer so we could get together more.
Saturday's plan was for Butch, Yudha & Tonya to go rock climbing in Alexandria. However....it was not a great night of sleep (thank you, kids). That, combined with a little bit of alcohol, had Butch not feeling very motivated! So, Tonya took my car to Alexandria and climbed a bit....even though she had no stamina that day. Butch & I were lucky enough for both girls to nap at the same time, so we could catch up a bit on sleep.

Saturday night was the Twilight viewing party at Dee's house. Lots of fun. Most of us had read the book, but a couple hadn't and still liked the movie. We had lots of good snacks, too.


This weekend is full of more fun for me. Kristin planned a girls overnight wine tasting party! We are driving down to Ingleside on Saturday morning and plan to be there for a few hours (they have their Spring Barrel Tasting that day. Then, we are heading to another vineyard for a quick tasting before checking into their little cabins for the night. More wine, board games, girl time. (Butch is going to catch on soon and start filling the calendar with guy time!)

When I get back on Sunday, I'd better not be feeling too bad! Butch is leaving for a conference late that afternoon and will be gone until Tuesday.

3 comments:

Dee said...

You have been quite the social butterfly here lately! The Twilight Viewing party was fun and I'm looking forward to the wine tasting. Maybe you better put a few weeks between the wine tasting and the next girls night before Butch figures it out! ;>)

Kristin said...

Haha...yeah, uncle Butch is definitely going to get tired of these "girls nights"! I already told Jessica that we'd do another wine tasting in the fall, so she can come. There's plenty of time for Butch to get a couple guys nights in before then...

I can't wait until Saturday!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! Not into wine, but the cabins sure do look inviting!

Aunt Annie