Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Wedding = Adult Time

It's been a while since I've really had time to do any posts!


A few weekends ago, Butch and I got an afternoon out.....without kids.....for my cousin, Chet's wedding. The wedding (2:00) was full Catholic Mass and even though we aren't Catholic, the homily was pretty good. The reception (3:00) was at Olde Breton Inn (the same place we had our reception). When we came in, heavy hors d'ouevres were already being set out. Unfortunately, it seems they should not have been set out yet. The reception didn't include dinner, so really everyone should have waited for the bridal party before digging in. However....the wait staff was telling people to eat. We were still holding off at our table, but had decided (finally) since we were being told to eat, we should. While in line, the bridal party arrived....and I thought "this is silly, how can we see them be announced if we're standing in line". This is when I heard someone say "well they shouldn't be eating". So, the staff at Olde Breton Inn seems to have messed up. Oh well. There was plenty of food and the bridal party absolutely had enough to eat! By the way, we sat down after we heard the "well they shouldn't be eating" comment so we could see them walking in.


We didn't have a lot of time to really enjoy things since I wanted to get home to nurse Leah and get her ready for bed. We were initially trying to get home around 5:30, but ended up getting home around 6:30 or 6:45. (Kristin babysat.) There was a little time for drinks and dancing. Quite amazing watching Dad gettin' down. I hope I'm doing that at age 70!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't keep up with Dad now! I hope I'm doing half of what he does at age 70!
Dee

Anonymous said...

I can't even keep up with the man and I'm in my dang 20s!!!! It's not lookin' good for me I guess...