Saturday, February 02, 2008

February is here!

What the heck happened to January? It really flew by for me.

We got a new computer armoire and set it up in our sunroom. It's much nicer to have the computer in our living area rather than in a guest bedroom upstairs. It makes it nicer for me with working from home, too. I use the laptop, but it's nice to have a "workspace" downstairs where I usually work.

I took Friday off to try to get some things checked off my to-do list. I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to, but that's okay. I knew I had too much on the list. I did get some things (summer baby and summer maternity) taken to the Just for Kids consignment shop down the street. Rather than getting a portion of whatever they sell, they just buy your stuff upfront. So, they have the big bin and will call me once they've gone through it all and I'll pick up a check plus anything they "couldn't take".

Then, I went to the mall to look for something to wear to the gala that I have to go to Feb. 8. I found a glittery red top that I can wear with a black skirt that was borrowed from my boss. No way am I spending $100+ on something that (a) I won't wear again (most likely) and (b) is a size bigger than where I would like to be. So, I'm glad I was able to get something to work without spending a ton.

I went to Target, too. Lately, I can't get out without spending $175 or so. This is mainly b/c I stock up on diapers when I go. Anyway, it was raining so hard that I heard it in the store .... on the roof. Ugh. I had no umbrella. I bought a new one.

Lacey is doing pretty well. She has a cold, but is starting to recover from that. She's doing well sleeping in her big girl bed. We still have the crib up just because I don't want to deal with taking it down yet. :-) I'm hoping we can sell it on craig's list for $100 or so. She has been doing really well with using the potty at Miss Lisa's, but won't use it at home at all. I have no clue why that is. She'll be going in for her well visit in a few weeks, so I'll see what Dr. Jill thinks. I have lots of friends that haven't had their kids trained until 3+, so I'm not "worried", but I would love to be done with buying diapers for her.

We aren't doing much this weekend. The weather is warm (50's), but it poured yesterday, so it's really muddy out. Blah. We need to do some straightening up and cleaning and organizing the guest room since Agnes & Trampas will be here next weekend. Hopefully we will make it to church tomorrow morning, too.

Can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I am going to NY on Tuesday for a client meeting. I'll be leaving the house at 6:15 a.m. and not getting home until 7:00 p.m. or later. Not normally a bad thing, but with Leah still nursing and me having to pump during that time, it's a pain to travel even for a day. Oh well. My flight gets in early enough that I should be able to pump at the airport before going to the meeting. And my contacts for this client are both women, so if I need to use an office to pump there, it won't be too weird.

Then, on Friday I have the client gala I mentioned earlier. It's at 6:30 (I think) downtown. I'm going to work remote that day and pick Leah up earlier than normal so that I can at least nurse her before going downtown. I won't be home until 11:00 or so, so Butch is on his own that evening. I'll be ducking out of the gala about 5 min. before it's done so I can be one of the first to get my car from the valet....otherwise, I'll be waiting forever and getting home that much later. It's a nice event, but they give way too many awards and speeches, so by the end it's boring.

Lacey's calling me......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Lacey was in her big girl bed! Yay! Potty training will come. ;>)