Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Annual Family Party

Yesterday was the annual Lacey Family Party.....always lots of fun! Dad has hosted it for more years than I remember. This is the first year we've had it in September and I think it worked really well! The weather was BEAUTIFUL. By avoiding August, we were able to avoid the humidity, too. And, while the pool water was cool, the kids didn't care at all.


The party usually starts around 1:00 and goes into the evening. Of course, Butch & I left around 7:00 so Lacey could go to bed. When we left, there were 3-4 poker games going. From what I hear, the last people didn't leave until 12:30. Of course, those last people were Dee, Buck, there friends (Chip, Lynn, Dana, Gordon, etc.) and Kristin/Kyle and their friends.

Aunt Alice (Dad's sister) and Don came, along with my cousins, Lacey & Lee. (Yes, there is another Lacey in the family.) They live in FL and we don't get to see them very often, so it made the day extra special.

Even with all the family that lives close by, we don't see most them much more than once a year. It's crazy. We really need to be better about that.

Lacey thoroughly enjoyed herself. The past few weeks, she seems to have come out of her shell a little more. She is easing into situations much better and is more sociable.

She adored Andrew -- my 2nd cousin. I told KarenAnn (his mom) that I was going to hire him to entertain!

Butch & I spent most of the day chasing her around and we were truly worn out from it. I wanted to go to bed at 8:30, but refused to do that on a Saturday night!!! We agreed that we had more fun this year (compared to last), but that it was just more exhausting! Funny how a toddler can do that to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The party was fun. And you and Butch exhaust me just watching you chase after Lacey. Funny how you just do that when you have toddlers, but later in life you wonder how you did it!